Ageing Well in Wales
Ageing Well in Wales is a national partnership programme hosted by the Older People’s Commissioner for Wales which brings together individuals and communities with public, private and voluntary sectors to design and promote innovate and practical ways which help to make Wales the best place in the world to grow older.
The programme is closely aligned with the aims of the Commissioner’s priority to enable everyone to age well, and has five goals:
- To make Wales a nation of age-friendly communities
- To make Wales a nation of dementia-friendly communities
- To reduce the number of falls
- To reduce the impact of loneliness and unwanted isolation
- To improve learning and employment opportunities for older people
Since its official launch in October 2014, the Ageing Well in Wales network has grown to over 1,700 individuals, representing over 500 different organisations.
Ageing Well in Wales organises networking and learning events across Wales as well as developing a range of popular publications.
Click here for more information about Ageing Well in Wales