In her Care Home Review report - 'A Place to Call Home?' - the Older People’s Commissioner for Wales called for action to be taken in various areas of care home provision, to ensure that residents could enjoy the best quality of life possible for them.
The Commissioner is delighted to be working alongside Dementia Adventure to present two seminars in Cardiff and Wrexham entitled: ‘Is being human a risky business’?
We will work with you to find solutions to:
- connect with outside spaces
- create positive stories and experiences
- improve the quality of life for the people in your care home
- improve the quality of experience for care home staff
- measure the change and the impact of experiences
- demonstrate the evidence and the quality of your care
- enable people to be human and have the best of the experiences that matter to them
These seminars are aimed at care home managers and providers.
The Commissioner is also holding a seminar in partnership with Credu: Connecting Carers (formerly Powys Carers Service) and Taith in Llandrindod Wells to explore how to create the magic moments that make life big for residents, and build positive experiences for everyone living, working and visiting a care home.
What will the seminar address?
- How can we support staff to be the best they can be and recognise the strengths of residents, family members and friends?
- What can we learn in regard to engaging and communicating with residents and relatives as well as commissioners and regulators, and what can they learn from us?
This seminar is open to anyone living in, working in or visiting care homes.