Safeguarding Older People from Domestic Abuse Seminars
The Older People’s Commissioner for Wales held a series of seminar events to help safeguard older people from domestic abuse.
Who were the target audience?
The events were aimed at front-line staff from various organisations including; health & social care, Police, Fire and Rescue, home care workers, GP’s, Age Connect, Age and Care Alliance, RNIB, Intermediaries, Advocacy bodies, etc.
Delegates were able to develop:
- An understanding of the hidden epidemic of domestic abuse of older people and be able to deal with it more effectively
- Knowledge to be able to identify the signs of abuse and what to do about it
- Knowledge of what support is available to older people
- Ideas of how to raise awareness of domestic abuse with older people
- An understanding of the hidden problem of coercion
- Ideas of how to implement changes in working practice
Videos of the seminars events are available below: