Safeguarding Older People from Domestic Abuse Seminars
The Older People’s Commissioner for Wales is holding a series of seminar events across Wales to support front-line staff working in the public and third sectors in safeguarding older people from domestic abuse.
By attending these seminars, delegates will develop:
- An understanding of the hidden epidemic of domestic abuse of older people and be able to deal with it more effectively
- Knowledge to be able to identify the signs of abuse and what to do about it
- Knowledge of what support is available to older people
- Ideas of how to raise awareness of domestic abuse with older people
- An understanding of the hidden problem of coercion
- Ideas of how to implement changes in working practice
The seminars have been awarded the Agored Cymru Quality Mark, a measure of excellence for learning programmes providing delegates with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
- Ann Williams (Live Fear Free Helpline)
- Margaret Smith (IDVA & ISVA, Safer Wales)
- Lucy Giles (Knowledge Hub Advisor, SafeLives)
- Steve Bartley (Safeguarding and Access to Justice Lead, Older People’s Commissioner for Wales)
- A representative of BAWSO
- Professor Alan Clarke (Aberystwyth University) - Carmarthen only
- Professor John Williams (Aberystwyth University) - Wrexham only
- Jenny-Anne Bishop (Unique & Transforum) - Bangor only
- Sarah Wydall (Aberystwyth University) - Bangor only
- Rebecca Zirk (Aberystwyth University) - Newport only
There will also be a survivor’s story video presentation at the events.
|14 September (9am - 5pm) ||Halliwell Centre, Trinity Saint David University, Carmarthen, SA31 3EP |
|20 September (9am - 5pm) |
|Catrin Finch Centre, Glyndwr University, Wrexham, LL11 2HS |
|21 September (9am - 5pm) |
|Ty Menai, Ffordd Penlan, Bangor, LL57 4HJ |
|28 September (9am - 5pm) |
|Newport Centre, 1 Kingsway, Newport, NP20 1UH |
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Closing date for bookings: Monday 14 August
To book a free place for these events please complete the booking form:
If you are having any problems accessing the form online, you can download a version here and return it to email@example.com