Interim Work Programme April to August 2018
This work programme sets out the work that will be undertaken by the office of the Older People’s Commissioner for Wales from April 2018 to August 2018.
Heléna Herklots will take up post as the Older People’s Commissioner for Wales at the end of August and will subsequently develop and publish a work programme for the remainder of 2018-19.
- Publication of Rethinking Respite for People Living with Dementia Report
- Publication of Advocacy Services in Wales – Making Voices Heard Report
- Impact and Reach Report / Legacy Report launch at the National Assembly for Wales
- Analysing the responses provided by public bodies following the publication the Care Home Review follow-up report, ‘A Place to Call Home: Impact and Analysis’
- Publication of information booklets for older people about Mental Capacity and DoLS
- Working in partnership with Age Cymru to produce a video to raise awareness about independent advocacy and its benefits
- Publication of a pocket guide to Respite Services for Older People living with dementia and their Carers.